Cheese-Stuffed Pepperoni Bites
Prepared with store-bought pizza dough, this fun, and classic pizza–inspired recipe will appeal to kids and adults alike.
- 8 oz Wood River Creamery Herbes de Provence Cheese, divided
- 1 lb store-bought pizza dough
- 2 tbsp store-bought garlic-and-herb butter, melted
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 2 cups marinara sauce, warmed
Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut cheese into 12- 1/2-inch cubes. Shred the remaining cheese for Step 5.
- Cut dough into 12 equal portions. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out each portion into a round-about 1/4-inch thick. Press one cheese cube and a pepperoni slice into each dough round and wrap the edges around the filling, pinching to seal. Roll each bundle into a ball.
- Arrange balls, seam-side down, in a greased 9-inch round baking dish or ovenproof skillet.
- Brush garlic and herb butter generously over dough balls. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with warmed marinara sauce for dipping.
Tip: Alternatively, make your own garlic and herb butter. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup softened butter, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley, 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning, pinch garlic powder, pinch salt and pinch black pepper.