Chicken & Black Bean Enchiladas
Adding black beans and corn make these traditional enchiladas a bit more tasty!
- ¾-pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups salsa
- 16-ounces black beans, drained
- 15-ounces corn
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1½ cups Burnett Dairy Mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Toppings: lettuce, tomato, sour cream, avocado, cilantro
Cook chicken and garlic. Stir in ½ cup salsa, beans, corn, red pepper, cumin and salt. Simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in onions and bacon. Spoon ¼ cup bean mixture on tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon cheese. Roll up; place in lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Repeat. Top with remaining 1 cup salsa. Bake at 350° F for 15 minutes. Top with remaining cheese; return to oven about 3 minutes.