Chorizo Stuffed Mini Peppers
These chorizo- and cheese-stuffed mini peppers make an irresistible appetizer that will get any party started.
- 8 oz fresh chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 2 tbsp drained canned diced green chiles
- 8 mini bell peppers (any color), halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Wood River Creamery Mango Habanero Cheese
Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, add chorizo, onion, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until chorizo is starting to brown and onion is starting to soften. Stir in tomato and green chiles; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until the chorizo is cooked through and the sauce has thickened and clings well to the sausage.
- In a medium bowl, toss mini bell pepper halves with oil, salt, and black pepper. Arrange on parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
- Spoon the chorizo mixture into pepper halves. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until bell peppers are tender and cheese is bubbling and melted.
Tips: For a pretty presentation, use a multicolored mini bell pepper mix and sprinkle with finely chopped cilantro or fresh parsley before serving. Serve with chimichurri sauce, sour cream, or guacamole if desired.