Mozzarella Ghost Pizza Dip
Here comes Halloween! Get out the costumes and good eats with this pizza dip topped with the cutest Mozzarella ghosts cutouts you've ever seen. Boo!
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (12.5 ounces) pizza sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Burnett Dairy Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 package (6 ounces) diced pepperoni
- 1 can (2.25 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) fresh Mozzarella cheese log
- Pita chips
Heat oven to 350°F.
Beat cream cheese in a large bowl until fluffy. Add the 1/2 cup pizza sauce, sour cream, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes if desired; beat until mixture is combined. Stir in mozzarella and pepperoni. Set aside 10 olives; fold in remaining olives. Transfer to an ungreased 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut fresh mozzarella lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices. Cut slices with a 2 1/2-inch ghost cookie cutter. Cut reserved olives into eyes and mouths; place on ghosts. Remove dip from oven. (Pan will be hot!)
Carefully spread on remaining pizza sauce. Arrange ghosts on top. Bake for 2-5 minutes longer or until bubbly. Serve with pita chips.
Recipe and Photo © Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin